Here’s the premise of the tag: Picture this, you’ve encountered a bubble or portal which, if you step through, can manipulate the time inside. With this, you can read all the books you want and when you step out of the bubble, no time has passed in the real world. You can finally make time for all those books you’ve been ignoring. So, now that you’ve stepped through the time bubble, answer the following questions:
- What book(s) (or audiobook) have you been meaning to read for a long time but haven’t gotten around to reading:
There are a bunch of backlist titles that I’ve had on my TBR for well over a year that I really need to read. Here are a few series by Asian authors that I’ve been meaning to read.
Gates of Thread and Stone and The Infinite by Lori M. Lee
Dualed and Divided by Elsie Chapman
Born Confused and Bombay Blues by Tanuja Desai Hidier
- A book you’ve been meaning to reread but haven’t:
I want to reread His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman since The Book of Dust came out last year, and it’s been a really long time since I’ve reread the series. I own the omnibus edition pictured above.
- A book from a genre you don’t normally read but have been meaning to try and give it a chance:
Jade City by Fonda Lee. I want to read more adult fantasy since I’ve mostly stuck to YA. I’ve read and enjoyed Fonda Lee’s YA books, so I’m hoping Jade City will be my thing.
- A series you’ve been wanting to read but haven’t because of how long it is:
The Crown of Stars series by Kate Elliott. Each individual volume is massive and there are seven books total. 😰
- A book you wish you could go back in time and read for the first time:
The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner. The way everything falls into place as the plot progresses is so beautifully done that I wish I could go back to experience that suspense for the first time again.
- Book recommendation you’ve been putting off:
Coffee Boy, Peter Darling, and Caroline’s Heart by Austin Chant. I think it’s because they’re ebooks and I’m terrible about reading the ebooks I have.