What is the Pondathon?
The Pondathon is a co-operative and story-driven readathon hosted and run by CW from The Quiet Pond. The aim of the Pondathon is to read books and collect points to protect the friends over at The Quiet Pond from the encroaching malevolent forces that threaten our friends in the forest.
Have fun participating in the Pondathon readathon by joining one of five teams, each with a unique way to collect points and signing up! You can also follow the story of the Pondathon as it unfolds, and participants can also complete ‘side quests’ during the readathon to collect extra points. The readathon takes place from January 24th 2020 to March 7th 2020. More information about the readathon can be found here.
Information about Joining the Pondathon
- To join the Pondathon, simply sign up anytime between January 18th 2020 to March 5th 2020.
- Choose a team, create your own animal character for the Pondathon and create a character card!
- Create a blog post, bookstagram post, booktube video, Twitter thread, or whatever medium you wish, with ‘#Pondathon’ in the title or your tweet. Share the character you have created and your character card!
- Link back to this post so that others can find this readathon and join in.
Share your updates on your blog/bookstagram/booktube and social media. You are more than welcome to tag @thequietpond or @artfromafriend on Twitter or Instagram in all your updates! We’d love to see all of the beautiful and awesome characters that you create!
My Pond Character
My Pond Character is Cyrus, an orange fox with round glasses who can usually be found carrying a book. They are a warrior of the word. They believe words have power and must be wielded carefully and responsibly. Verbal spells, spoken and written, are a critical part of their arsenal of weapons. They also bear a trusty staff that they use to focus their magic. Cyrus will be joining Team Xiaolong.
My Pondathon TBR
I don’t have my entire TBR planned for the entire duration of the readathon, but this is tentatively what I’ll be reading for the next two and a half-ish weeks. It’s a combination of newer eARCs, backlist eARCs (many from 2017 *sweats*) and my physical TBR (which I already posted a sort-of complete list of for #StartOnYourShelfAthon…I say sort-of because I’ve since acquired more books oops).
- The Weight of Our Sky by Hanna Alkaf
- Sick Kids in Love by Hannah Moskowitz
- The Last 8 by Laura Pohl
- The First 7 by Laura Pohl
- This Light Between Us by Andrew Fukuda
- This Time Will Be Different by Misa Sugiura
- Woven in Moonlight Isabel Ibañez
- The Grief Keeper by Alexandra Villasante
- Bluecrowne by Kate Milford
- The Thief Knot by Kate Milford
- Riot Baby by Tochi Onyebuchi
- War Girls by Tochi Onyebuchi
- A Dash of Trouble by Anna Meriano
- A Sprinkle of Spirits by Anna Meriano
- A Mixture of Mischief by Anna Meriano
- Diamond City by Francesca Flores
- We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia
- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith
- Girl Gone Viral by Arvin Ahmadi
- Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay
- Belle Révolte by Linsey Miller
- Water in May Ismée Miel Williams
- Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P. Nguyen
- Crossing Ebenezer Creek by Tonya Bolden
- Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo
- Dark Chapter by Winnie M. Li
- I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn
- The Leavers by Lisa Ko
- Where the Stars Rise edited by Lucas K. Law & Derwin Mak
- Meet Cute edited by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Dhonielle Clayton, Katie Cotugno, Jocelyn Davies, Huntley Fitzpatrick, Nina LaCour, Emery Lord, Katharine McGee, Kass Morgan, Julie Murphy, Meredith Russo, Sara Shepard, Nicola Yoon, Ibi Zoboi
- The Beast Player by Nahoko Uehashi
- We Hunt the Flame by Hasfah Faizal
- This Train is Being Held by Ismée Miel Williams
- Searching for Sylvie Lee by Jean Kwok
2 thoughts on “Pondathon Sign-Up Post and TBR”
Hi! I’m on #teamcuddle and would be interested in buddy reading I Love You So Mochi and/or Fake It Til You Break It if you want to! I’m @elleyotter on Twitter, let me know if you want to set something up!
I’m also participating in the Pondathon on Team Xialong. Of the books I’ve read from your TBR, I think Anna Meriano’s series is my favourite – a great example of magical middle grade. Hope you get to enjoy a lot of of these great reads!